Wednesday 7 August 2013

Happy Crafting

In a recent, and very welcome, development I finally seem to have become keen to finish things. I've always had a thing about enjoying the process of creativity more than the finished thing and as a result my work in progress pile has always been just a little bit out of control!

In the last couple of weeks, I've managed to finish  not one, but three projects. Really. Three! The first (and way most important one) was a blanket for my gorgeous godson Toby's baptism. Admittedly, having such a definite deadline is a surefire motivator, but I think that making something challenging, learning a new skill (lace-knitting) using new materials (I'd never used bamboo before) and making something for someone so special all combined to make it a really enjoyable process and it really has helped rekindle and affirm my love of crafting.

The baptism itself was a wonderful occasion. Toby was a superstar and on his most charming and cheerful behaviour all day. Everyone had a lovely day and it was a really special time for all.

For my own little one, I have now knit a second  little jumper. It's a sweet little raglan-sleeved pattern by Debbie Bliss from The Baby Knits Book that I have knit for all of the babies that my friends have had. It's not blocked yet, but I'm planning on fixing that this weekend, so I'll post a photo when it's looking its very best!

I've also just cast off the pink and grey colour block cardigan from the Caramel pattern by Isabell Kraemer. I'm really pleased with it and think that it's one I will genuinely enjoy wearing. Again, I'll post a photo when it's all blocked and (hopefully) beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Nic that looks beautiful. And you, not a finisher? The amazing dress you made for lizzie says differently, not to mention all those books...
    Juliet x

    ReplyDelete