Sunday 21 April 2013

Hello to Berlin


When I was planning this post, I was going to blog about my regular weekend. You know the routine - lovely long lie-in with breakfast in bed and a bit of book, followed by a nice relaxing bath, some pottering about in the garden, a bit of knitting and maybe a movie.

Everything was going to plan until I got out of the bath and D asked if I fancied going to Berlin. Of course I said yes. Who wouldn't want to go to Berlin? But then the penny dropped that he meant right then. Yes, that very minute! Well, that was a surprise. Twenty clicks later and in the time it takes to throw two toothbrushes, two books, two passports and a change of clothes into a bag, we were on the road to the airport.

It was all such a whirlwind that I can hardly believe it happened. And I have to say that I really enjoyed answering the usual, "How was your weekend?" question on Monday morning! Mr C, you are a lovely, lovely man and you have earned yourself some pretty serious boyfriend points.


This does mean that I haven't had much time for crafting and so my very nearly finished colour-block cardigan is still very nearly finished. I have hight hopes that it will be finished by the time of my next post. (But don't hold your breath - just in case.)

I've mostly been reading manuscripts for work lately so not much to talk about. I really enjoyed the latest from Sadie Jones, The Uninvited Guests, although I really didn't like the cover and I also enjoyed the first instalment of Leigh Bardugo's The Grisha Trilogy, The Gathering Dark. This was a recommendation from the lovely Hannah Love from work and was also a book that I wouldn't have picked up on the strength of its cover (yes, I can be judgemental). I'm delighted that the second book in the series has a much, much better cover and I'm looking forward to reading it soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment