Sunday 6 January 2013

Happy New Year, Happy New Blog

Well, hey there. Welcome to my new blog. Let me tell you a little bit about myself: I'm a book-loving knitter who likes taking pretty pictures and having happy thoughts. I'm never more content than when I've got my nose in a good book or have busy fingers making something lovely, whether it be knitting, sewing, creating in the kitchen or out in the garden.

I'm going to be writing this blog to chronicle the things that I make over the course of the coming year and a few other things that I get up to for good measure. I hope that you'll like what you read - do get in touch and let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from you.

Here's a list of things that I'd like to make (or finish) in 2013:
  1. Grey Olive Jumper
  2. Jumper and Jeans for Toby
  3. Heirloom Quilt
  4. Words Embroidery
  5. ABC Sampler
  6. Baby shoes for Ines
  7. Grey and Pink Cardigan 
  8. Aran Cabled Scarf
  9. Home Quilt
  10. Stripy Socks
  11. Scandinavian Mittens
  12. Thing that I thought of but can't now remember!
It's not an exhaustive list and I'm quite sure that I'll get distracted along the way, but if I can cross off an average of one project every month this year, I'll be absolutely delighted. (If a little bit surprised!)

I've gotten off to a pretty good start and this week, I finished a very cute peach pair of baby shoes for Ines Sylvia, wrapped them up and sent them on their way. I've also picked up a few projects which have rather fallen by the wayside and I've knitted every day of the new year so far.  

I've also been reading a fair bit and am enjoying Mr Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore on my journeys to work and a chapter or two of Doctor Zhivago before I go to sleep each night. Not much else to report, other than nine and a half miles run, and the first picnic of the year (yes, really, in January) with my mum, dad and sister in front of the London Eye. May it be the first of many in 2013!

Here's my currently reading list:


No comments:

Post a Comment